Re: Two weeks notice

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:15:32PM +0100, Jesus Climent wrote:
> Seems that out there they do not realize that when Debian releases a new
> version of the operative system, we have gone through a process of making
> sure that in 99.999% of the cases an upgrade to a new package is supposed
> to preserve the old configuration files if they are compatible or provide
> an upgrade path/instructions in case they are not.
>
> They do not realize that when we release, we have verified that in most of
> the cases an upgrade from a previous release is painless.
>
> Or I am wrong? ;)

You've not been a sysadmin until you've learned to worship the "don't fix if
it ain't broken" rule. :)

Other than the fact our upgrade procedures are good but never perfect, the
month of extended support for slink after potato was released is being very
well compensated with year of support for potato after the woody release, so
I don't think we should even bother discussing this.

Nothing to see here people, move along...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.