Re: [debian-devel] mICQ roundup

16.02.2003 pisze Rüdiger Kuhlmann (debian-list-Z03BQH65YjkN@ruediger-kuhlmann.de):

> [...]

> > You seem to have no understanding of what you've done. Once again, as
> > clear as I only can write: you've provided disservice for your users
> > because you had communication problems with one packager.

> You seem to have no understanding of what I did.

I beg to differ here.

> I didn't provide a disservice to my users because nothing kept them
> from using mICQ. It may have been a tad inconvenient, but that's all
> to it.

Nothing except non-working client. You made some false assumptions; the
ability of recompiling software is not that common, and the ability of
installing a package is not always present, too.

> > > That's just fair enough.

> > So? A cracker. Inserting a timebomb in software, a timebomb, which
> > could only hurt *users* is plainly stupid.

> It doesn't hurt users.

Not at all. Non-working software is exactly what does not hurt users.

> You seem to have a pretty skewed understanding of what a cracher is.
> Actually, you seem just pissed that I refused to give you one of my
> cookies.

Ah, now I understand. MY software, MY cookies, MY code -- that's what
is important. YOU and YOUR code. The rest can burn in hell, I presume.

> > You still do not understand.

> It's more like you don't understand.

I beg to differ.

Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

                     Down with categorical imperative!