Re: Debian BTS

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 11:33:07AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 03:22:43PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the above will also exclude bug reports
> > tagged "woody,sarge,sid".
>
> I don't understand why a bug would have that set of tags ...?

To make it clear that a grave bug also applies to the version in
testing, and holding up the testing release because of this bug won't
actually "fix" this bug.

(I am not sure if the testing scripts take this into account or not, but
even then it makes it clear to any human observer.)

Otherwise it is often assumed that the bug only applies to the unstable
version.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>