Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:45:05PM +0100, Remi VANICAT wrote:

> >  > Don't agree, it doesn't spraypainted it all over. It's most as he
> >  > came with a cookie with this written on it. If people found the
> >  > cookie tasty, why not invite it again.

> > 	Good God!! You find people making software unusable to Debian
> >  users a ``tasty cookie''?

> DO you agree that there is two possibility :
> - none of our user find this package useful nor use it. Then the fact
>   that it doesn't work for our user is none of our concern

If no one uses this package, that's all the more reason to get rid of
it.  We shouldn't have an archive filled with useless (or userless)
software.

> - some of our user find it useful, and want it. Then we should stop
>   all this madness, and try to package it (if someone want to do it).

It continues to amaze me whenever I hear anyone argue that "there are
users who want it" is the only criterion for deciding whether to package
and distribute a piece of software.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer