Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 05:28:11PM +0100, Remi VANICAT wrote:
> You have the comprehension problem. I've never, really never, said that
> is because a software is DFSG free that it have to be into debian. But
> the fact to be into debian is not a privilege, nor a right. Those that
> might have an advantages for a software to be into debian is our user,
> not upstream.

I said that having Debian distribute one's software is a privilege.  You
said "It's not a privilege".  This is wrong; it is indeed a privilege,
and if that's not what you meant, feel free to correct or clarify your
statement.

Upstream is not providing Debian the privilege of packaging it; as a
rule, the software must be able to be packaged by *anyone* (DFSG#1+5+6+8)
to be in Debian at all.

--
Glenn Maynard