Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 04:40:31PM +0100, Remi VANICAT wrote:
>>Right, This is a mandatory requirement for inclusion into debian, but
>> not the only one.
>
> No. You really seem to have a comprehension problem. Just because an
> upstream has allowed anyone to package his software (that's the
> requirement, not that debian be allowed to package his software) doesn't
> mean that it has to be in debian. That's a privilage, not a right.

You have the comprehension problem. I've never, really never, said that
is because a software is DFSG free that it have to be into debian. But
the fact to be into debian is not a privilege, nor a right. Those that
might have an advantages for a software to be into debian is our user,
not upstream.

--
Rémi Vanicat
vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr