Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 12:20:57PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	We are discussing an issue important to Debian security, and
>  what users may expect from the project, and how to handle an
>  incident. If you do not care to participate in discussions relevant
>  to development ofthe distrivution, please unsubscribe now.

It were your words that you were about to 'flame me to a crisp'.

I wonder what flaming has to do with some kind of discussion. You do not
care for any other argument or voice.

You do care to find someone who is guilty in your opinion.
You do not care for solutions.

So put the Package micq aside for a moment.

What measures do you suggest to prevent other upstreams to "sneak code
behind the maintainer", possibly destructive one?