Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 04:16:21AM -0500, Matthew P. McGuire wrote:

> At the risk of sounding resoundingly stupid, why not try to work out the
> differences between you and upstream?

Because the object of the differences is upstream's lack of ethics?

> Requesting permanent removal is a brute force political move and I
> don't think enough people will support it.

Er... that's not really relevant, unless one of those people who doesn't
support the removal is a DD who's willing to upload the package himself.
And I don't think there's anything "political" about protecting Debian
from hostile upstreams.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer