Re: Proposal: Debian release numbers

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jim Penny wrote:
> Unfortunately, I doubt that the Romans had a word for penguin, so we
> cannot date "from the founding of the penguin".

Ahh... but entrepid zoologists have words for penguins:

Aptenodytes forsteri (Emperor penguin)
Eudyptes crestatus (Rockhopper penguin)[1]

etc.

And you could even use the Great Auk's latin name, Pinguinus.[2]

Don Armstrong

1: http://www.seaworld.org/AnimalBytes/penguinab.html
2: http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutwordorigins/penguin

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu