Re: Fwd: Some question in regard to Lindows

    nick> Sorry, accidentally sent this just to Sven at first.
    >> On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 09:05  am, Sven Luther wrote:
    >>
    >>> Notice that the GPL says that you have to distribute sources to people
    >>> you give/distribute/sell/whatever binaries to, and none else.
    >>
    >> Incorrect. The GPL requires that you *either* provide sources
    >> immediately, *or* provide
    >> a written offer to do so. If you provide the written offer then you
    >> must provide source not
    >> only to the person(s) to whom you provided the binaries and the
    >> original offer, but also
    >> to *ANY THIRD PARTY*.

who has a copy of the written offer.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesWrittenOfferValid

(not that it changes much, but...).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu