Re: Proposal: Debian release numbers

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:13:33PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
[snip]
> > Actually, why not? This will (kinda) prevent direct comparisons with
> > other Distros/OSs because it looks totally different. IV, 8.1, 2003. No
> > real comparision possible, I'd say. And it would make Debian look really
> > special (which I think is a positive thing).
>
> "Special" in the "two thousand years out of date" sense, perhaps?
[snip]

Nah, it just looks more epic.  Just think of all those Star Wars cover
designs -- who wants to use "Star Wars 2" when "Star Wars II" looks so
much cooler? Besides, don't we want Debian to be adopted by Star Wars
fans?

;-)

"You know, maybe we don't *need* enemies." "Yeah, best friends are about all
I can take." -- Calvin & Hobbes