Re: You have been removed from the following lists

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 06:01:08PM -0600, SmartList wrote:
> Your mail address, branden@debian.org, has been removed
> from the following mailing lists, because it generated an
> exessive number of bounced mails:
>
> debian-68k, debian-announce, debian-changes, debian-devel, debian-devel-announce, debian-devel-changes, debian-policy, debian-powerpc, debian-sparc, debian-vote, debian-l10n-english, debian-security-announce, debian-x, debian-boot, debian-legal, debian-project, debian-debbugs
>
> Before sending in subscription requests, please ensure that
> this problem has been resolved.  When in doubt, ask your
> system administrator or send mail to "postmaster".
>
> This message has been sent my the verp handler program, version 0.7.20.

This is bullshit.  The MX for deadbeast.net has been up, reachable, and
running an MTA all day every day for the past month at least.
necrotic's uptime is 143 days and the only time postfix shuts down is
for package upgrades.  Furthermore, the mountain of spam queued there is
ample testimony that the box has been reachable.  I've got the mail.logs
to establish this.  I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I'd like to see evidence of these "bounces", please.  This is very
neatly wrecking my ability to catch up on events since my home net
access was disrupted at the end of last month.

Bullshit like this makes it difficult for me to continue my work as a
Debian developer.  Developers need to be able to go on "vacation" from
time to time without being maliciously/stupidly unsubscribed from all
Debian lists.

I've got a lot of Debian work to get caught up on while I'm "vacation"
from my job over the holidays, and the malicious lie about my MX not
being reachable is not expediting that in the least.

We need to get our excessively punitive "verp" handler under control.
If its algorithms are as poor as its grammar ("sent my"?), it's no
wonder I've been unjustly nuked from the lists.

"Please ensure that this problem [gets] resolved."

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I must despise the world which does
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    not know that music is a higher