Re: description writing guide

Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> writes:
> In standard typography, it is to have extra space after a period ending
> a sentence.  For fixed-width fonts, this often shows up as two spaces,
> as is fairly ugly.

Of course, that's simply an opinion, and depends a lot on exactly
_which_ fixed fonts you use -- I find that text with only a single space
after the period much harder to read, at least with the fixed-width
fonts I use.

> OTOH a lot of people (IMO) would argue that the fixed-width two-space
> end of sentence is sufficiently ugly that we're better off without it.

... and a lot of other people will argue exactly the opposite.

[In other words, it's a matter of taste, and both methods should be
supported where feasible.]

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.