Re: URLs on debian.org/distrib/packages pages

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:39:34PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >>"Matt" == Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
>  Matt> And more importantly, it does not mandate that they be
>  Matt> extractable in any automated fashion, which makes them quite a
>  Matt> lot less useful than they could be.
>
> 	If we use the YPSTREAM: <URI> format, than these are trivially
>  extractable in an automated fashion.

There are any number of ways to do this which are both trivial to implement
and trivial to parse and extract.  However, unless one of these methods is
consistently recommended to all developers (and eventually required), then
it will not be used frequently enough to be useful.

--
 - mdz