Re: Survey on the use of Debian 2.2 (potato)

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 09:00:57PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> 1. How long do you plan to wait before you upgrade your potato
>    machines to woody?

Sadly, I think that at a great many organisations, a truthful answer
would be "Two weeks after realising that a critical bugfix for essential
software will not be forthcoming because potato support was dropped six
months ago".

Less cynically, I'm very impressed that the security team is taking the
step to perform this survey.  It affirms a change within the project of
caring for the concerns of users outside the project.

--
 \      "If society were bound to invent technologies which could only |
  `\   be used entirely within the law, then we would still be sitting |