Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 6, 2002

Along with the discussion of old ITP's, maybe we should consider
pruning some old orphaned packages also.

For example:

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 05:31:45PM -0500, wnpp@debian.org wrote:
>    dome (#93868), orphaned 510 days ago
>
>    dstooltk (#68311), orphaned 967 days ago
>
>    dstooltk-doc (#68312), orphaned 967 days ago

we have a number of packages that were orpnahed 2 or 3 years ago.

I think we should have a process whereby if a package does not get a
maintainer in a certain amount of time, we remove it from the archive,
and list them in the wnpp report as "sehcduled for removal on DATE".

That way, if anyone actually does use these packages, they will have
some incentive to maintain them. If not, they can be removed.

michael

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer | lindows.com | hyperpoem.net

"Zen is the madman yelling 'If you wanta tell me that the stars are not words, then stop calling them stars!'"
- Jack Kerouac