Re: ITP: maria

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> I have an impression that vcg does not feed back information to
> other application, but I had an impression that  it can be made to
> re-read a file.

I think that technically, the GraphViz approach is cleaner.  The layout
engine is in a separate program, called "dot", which acts purely as a
filter.

I wish there was an easy-to-extend free piece of software that provides a
graphical user interface based on vectorised graphic objects.  This
software could serve as a front-end to many visualisers, not only for
graphs but also e.g. for message sequence charts.

One starting point could be JHotDraw (http://www.jhotdraw.org/), but I
have the impression that it focusses on interactive editing of graphical
diagrams, which is not at all needed in this application.

	Marko