Re: ITO: LILO

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 07:52:36PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 04:07:52PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > Because lots of upstreams changelog's don't do this job and are next
> > to useless for the end-user, they contain lots and lots and lots of
> > details, successfully hiding the important changes.
> > Take for example findutils:
>
> That's true. It's not necessarily easy for the package maintainer to
> extract this information either - in some cases you might not even be
> able to test if the bug is fixed.

In that case it's even more important to provide a lot of supporting
information, because presumably only the submitter can test if the
bug is fixed.  The submitter will have to know how to do that, and
that this test is needed.  Without even that much, I don't think
closing the bug is warranted at all.

Richard Braakman