Re: ITO: LILO

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 00:37, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 06:44:12PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > Yes, you obviously don't have time.  Please take responsibility for the
> > software you maintain, and write proper changelog entries.
>
> So what do you expect exactly - that a developer will diff the upstream
> code to describe exactly how the bug was fixed in excruciating detail in
> the debian/changelog?

I think he wanted me to delay the upload of the new version (which had
already been delayed for quite a while) until I had more time to get a better
changelog entry written.  If another two upstream versions appeared in the
mean-time which fixed bugs for users then that would just be too bad, they
would have to wait until they get a nice changelog entry.

> Get real. It should be sufficient to say that the new upstream version
> closes the bug. If you want more info, read upstream's changelog.

Perhaps I should have included the one-line email from the upstream author in
response to a forwarded bug report saying "I've already fixed that in the
previous version".