Re: ITO: LILO

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 11:35:28PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

[Something more descriptive than "New upstream version"]

> Yes I expect you would find that information in the upstream changelog -
> why would you expect to find it in the debian/changelog also?

Mostly because the Debian changelog will tend to end up being the bug
closing message (it certainly would be in the case in question).  When
the bug is closed the submitter should have something a bit more useful
to go on than "New upstream release".  That's almost as bad as a null
closing message.