Re: ITO: LILO

On Tue, 06 Aug 2002, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 06:44:12PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > Yes, you obviously don't have time.  Please take responsibility for the
> > software you maintain, and write proper changelog entries.
>
> So what do you expect exactly - that a developer will diff the upstream
> code to describe exactly how the bug was fixed in excruciating detail in
> the debian/changelog?

Get one of the fetchmail or cyrus "-1" packages, and read the changelog.
IMHO that's how it should be done (re. new upstream).

As for the lilo changelog entry, I do think it should have been a bit more
verbose, since the bug being closed was a grave one.  Just the bug title
would have been enough information, though IMHO.

I am disturbed that Lazarus Long actually just went overboard this time,
instead of being completely wrong, AND going overboard :(

  Henrique Holschuh