Re: xaw3d incompatibilities

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 03:44:48PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
[snip]
> xaw3d has been written relying on undocumented internals of Xt.  When
> those undocumented interfaces changed in XFree86 4.x, compatibility
> was dead.  So it's the fault of xaw3d and XFree86 definitely won't
> (and shouldn't) be "fixed" in this regard.
>
> Currently the best way is imho to depend on xaw3d explicitly.  Or you
> can kiss the 3d widgets goodbye and just link with Xaw.
[snip]

Just to confirm: I noticed that there's something mentioned in xaw3d to
the effect that it is no longer an Xaw replacement. Is this true of all
those originally Xaw-replacing packages? If so, I will just link aXe with
Xaw (since it crashes with xaw3d, and probably with the win98 lookalike as
well).

Many open minds should be closed for repairs. -- K5 user