RE: intel's Linux compiler w/ Debian

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 15:15, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > Can the "non-commercial" versions be packaged in non-free or extra?

> They are pay for use so do not see how we could ship it or even really provide
> any support for it.  Because of the pay for play nature I doubt many peole here
> have touched it.

I've worked with them (both c++ and fortran versions).  They use a
license file so its decently hard to use them without a license.
However, I don't think Intel is going to let me just redistribute
binaries.  It didn't seem that they had and braindead hardcoding of
directories, it was all managed via envrionment variables.  But they at
least worked.  The researchers acquired 5 licenses because of the
performance benefit that the compilers provide.

I think the best course of action is if someone does take the time to
make up a 'debian/' directory is to post it someplace to use for people
to make their own packages. (Or write an installer package sort of
thing.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/