Re: lilo: bad changelog entry violates Social Contract

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 07:41:29PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
 > system, because changelogs are not meant to carry all the information
 > in the BTS".

They are meant to *document* *what has CHANGED* so that users of
apt-listchanges can make appropriate decisions as to whether or not to
allow an upgrade to continue, or to cancel it.  The changelog does not
need to carry all of the intercourse between the myriad parties to a
given bug; of course not, and I never said that it did.  His, however,
does not document the CHANGES from the previous package, but merely
states he was "HIGH" [0] or some such when he packaged a new upstream
version.

Don't put words in my mouth, or attempt to imply I said something other
than I did.

[0] Or at least gives us no other reason for the inclusion of that word
in ALL-CAPS.

--
Please (OpenPGP) encrypt all mail whenever possible. Request the following
Public Keys for Lazarus Long <lazarus@overdue.ddts.net>

  Type    Bits/KeyID    Fingerprint                   DSA KeyID: vvvv vvvv
ElGamal: 2048g/CCB09D64 8270 4B79 CB1E 433B 6214  64EB 9D58 28A9 E8B1 27F4