Re: Release management and testing problems

On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 05:24, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > you have access to the dak cvs.  you have access to the archive.  you
> > > have access to the archive db.  what else do you need?
> > See Raphaels answer. Exactly this. If you implement a such project, you
> > have to do it on the running system.
>
> You never, _ever_ implement major changes on a running system without
> testing them elsewhere first.

On a related note, how *do* you guys (especially James) test your
changes?  Do you just have a whole dinstall/archive setup running on a
local machine?

I ask this because when Wichert and I finish the dpkg-dev rewrite, I
think it would make a lot of sense for dak to reuse a lot of the classes
that were developed, so I plan to implement that.