Re: intel's Linux compiler w/ Debian

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 01:15:28PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> I heard it produces more optimized binaries but of course this is only true on
> real Intel procs, not AMD or what not.

Not so - AMD Palominos and Thuroughbreds support all of the Intel
instructions and, naturally enough, the AMD chips are faster even with the
Intel compiler..  Intel is .. displeased by this.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>             Only l33t on Thursdays

<krogoth> Kgnghtbrd: I wouldn't kow, I see no need for a spellchecker yet
<Knghtbrd> you were saying?