Re: Release management and testing problems

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 06:14:47PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Problem 1 :
> -----------
> Some packages are stuck in unstable because one or more of their dependencies
> are stuck in unstable[1] even if the package itself would perfectly work in
> testing (if it had been compiled against testing libs).

You might want to give some details so the "problem" can be examined. How
many packages? For how long? Why? What other possibilities are there that
might not have gotten them stuck?

Giving a vague overview like this is worth than useless: it immediately
draws you into a conclusion that might be completely inappropriate.

> Problem 2 :
> -----------
> We upload almost everything in unstable :

This is a statement, not a problem.

> Problem 3 :
> It's not directly related to testing, but it's more a generic "release
> management" problem. Most of the free software have stable/unstable
> branches but we have no such distinction for the state of the
> packaging.

Likewise.

Cheers,
aj