snapshot.debian.net

Hi,

I setup new debian and debian-non-US mirror on http://snapshot.debian.net.
Different from usual mirror site, it provides daily snapshot since 2002/06/04.
It uses pdumpfs to backup debian & debian-non-US daily.

I think this is useful in case you got broken version of package and
you want to get old working version of package without searching around
delayed debian mirror sites.

Whenever you like, you can access debian archive on specific date.
For example, you can get debian packages of June 20th from
http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2002/06/20/debian
or apt-line
 deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2002/06/20/debian unstable main contrib non-free

You can also get debian packages on relative date, for instance, last week's
debian from http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/date/last-week/debian/
or apt-line
 deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/date/last-week/debian unstable main contrib non-free
In place of 'last-week', you can use any datestr recognized by date(1).

You can also access all version of debian package in snapshot.debian.net
by using the following apt-line
 deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool packagename1 packagename2 ....
This is useful if you don't know when specific version of package you want
was installed in debian but know which version of package.

snapshot.debian.net has 160GB disk for this service. Current disk usage is
/dev/hdc1            157566568  67377640  89788928  43% /archive

It already has 3-weeks of debian & debian-non-US, and I estimate
it could have more than half year of debian & debian-non-US with
current rate of package updates.

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI