Re: Proposal for fixing automake (was Re: State of automake packages)

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:32:06AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> [...]
> > "alternative" is not a good idea, because someone might try building
> > packages with automake 1.6 when it is known to work only with
> > automake 1.4
>
> In which case it should build-depend upon automake1.4.

Or be fixed.  Once again, and for the twentieth time, there are people who
have offered to go through basically the entire distribution and fix any
package we find which doesn't work with automake1.6...

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>               This end upside-down

<Canary> knghtbrd: are you there?
<knghtbrd> I'm not sure - let me go ask me.
<knghtbrd> Yeah, I said that I'm here.  =)