Re: XFree 4.2.0 - again

** On Apr 16, Manoj Srivastava scribbled:
> >>"Lasse" == Lasse Karkkainen <tronic2@sci.fi> writes:
>  Lasse> Time to throw some gasoline on the flames ... Branden apparently is
>  Lasse> incapable of releasing it. So, I suggest that anyone, with enough
>  Lasse> knowledge and TIME, reading this, would volunteer as XFree package
>  Lasse> maintainer. Branden's comments suggest that he just doesn't have
>  Lasse> enough time for that.
>
> 	This demonstrates you have no clue what it takes to package
>  and test something the size and complexity of X. It also shows you do
>  not have the commitment to quality that characterizes debian.
To give the guy a clue, Red Hat (please, don't start another flamewar anyone
:)) hires a full-time employee to _mostly_ work on the XFree packages. That
should even convice Lasse The Troll that there must be something hard in
packaging such a beast (I hope it will make it into his nut sized brain...
:>)

marek

p.s. and I found the poster on Branden's XFree page very amusing :P