Re: XFree 4.2.0 - again

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 21:14, Lasse Karkkainen wrote:
> Hi!   (it's my first post here)
>
> You are probably sick and tired of this topic, but ...
> IT'S A QUARTER YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF 4.2.0 RELEASE!
>
> Yes, it really has been three (3) months (!) since it was released.
>
> Time to throw some gasoline on the flames ...

[...]

> No, I am NOT willing to prepare and release that package.

Wow.  What an idiot.

Here's an idea: the next time we have someone complain about potato
being so old and woody taking so long, let's say, "Hey, you know, this
'tronic2' guy flamed us real bad for not including XFree86 4.2, so we're
postponing woody for six more months to get it in.  Feel free to talk to
him if this bothers you."

The only problem is that we'd likely be named accessories to the
inevitable murder this would trigger.