Re: dialog alternatives

Sean Middleditch writes:
> What, pray tell, doesn't work?

The menus never show all the items even when there are only three (the
scrollbar works, though).  It messes up the text in menus that work fine
with dialog ('Properties of Provider', frex).  Try 'pppconfig --xdialog'.

> Also, since I wouldn't know what things to test, how badly is gdialog
> broken?

At the moment it cuts off the bottoms of my larger menus (and has no
scrollbar).  After half a dozen instances of having it suddenly break I
decided that I shouldn't subject the users to it as the default.  It is
still available via 'pppconfig --gdialog'.

> There are no filed bugs on gnome-utils regarding missing functionality...

I'm pretty busy with real life right now, but feel free to run 'pppconfig
--gdialog', observe the results, and file bugs with patches.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)