Re: Packages still in Potato

Otto Wyss <otto.wyss@bluewin.ch> writes:

> Packages: dict-easton, dict-gazetteer, dict-hitchcock

> The listed packages are still located in the Potato directory,
> possibly because there wasn't any update necessary during the full
> Woody development phase, but maybe also because there is no interest
> in these packages. So please check your packages and do an upload,
> so they get into the pool, or orphan them so others can take over or
> they get removed.

> Please inform me what you are doing or not doing. This way I may ask
> others to do NMU's just in case.

     These packages have not needed any updates.  The last update was
solely to add the /usr/share/doc directory.  I had not contemplated
another upload until post-woody, when the /usr/doc symlink could be
removed.  In previous releases (before the pool concept was adopted),
the unstable directory contained symlinks to the unstable directory,
and the last step before release was converting any remaining symlinks
to hard links.  Is it really necessary to make a new upload, rather
than copying or linking these packages to the pool?

     I will make a new upload before the woody release if it is
necessary to do so.  Please let me know it this is required.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard      <hilliard@debian.org>