Re: It's Huntin' Season

> 	Hmm. This is getting confrontational, but.

I'm not trying to be confrontational.  It might seem like the
executable is a stupid example, but it's actually important.  So bear
with me.

> 	If your binary is run every time I log in, then hell, yes, the
>  part that invokes the binary is a config file.
>
> 	That is exactly what happens when you put things in
>  site-start.d files.

Sure.  But some site-start.d files only set up autoloads and things
like that, so that the programs can be executed by users, later, under
user control.  It's those site-start.d files that I'm talking about.

Those site-start.d files are only things that make the program (which
resides elsewhere) runnable by emacs users.  Putting those things
there is exactly parallel to putting a binary in /bin: it changes what
commands are otherwise available, but doesn't do anything else.

Still, setting this up has to be done somewhere, and it's done by
running small simple lisp commands.