Re: lyx maintainer?

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 10:50:42AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> It is my intention to upload Lyx (and indeed Balsa) this weekend.

Hi Jules,
	Nice to see you're back. You can't actually legally upload
Balsa yet. Much to my horror when I was repackaging Balsa 2, I
discovered that Balsa had no OpenSSL exclusion clause in its
license. Balsa was also indirectly linking to OpenSSL via the ESMTP
libraries as well. So in fact, the current Balsa package in Debian is
actually violating the GPL!
	Thankfully, I've managed to persuade Balsa-devel to add an
OpenSSL exclusion clause to their license in their 2.0.4 release which
is due sometime before Christmas. Until then, feel free to look over
the work I did during your absence [1].

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

[1] http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/debian/

* Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau              Computer Science & Student Rep, UNSW *
*   # apt-get into it                 Debian GNU/Linux Package Maintainer *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *