Re: status of sending attachments with reportbug?

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 11:40:35AM -0500, sean finney wrote:
> the second bug was sent from a machine running mostly woody and reportbug
> 1.50.  since this version does not have a --attach option, i told it to
> use mutt with -M so i could manually attach the patch (which i did).  also,
> i told it to gpg sign the report, which it apparently forgot to tell
> mutt, and i didn't realize it until it had been sent off (without asking
> for my passphrase).  fwiw this was a bug/patch for kernel-patch-kdb.
> should i just try sending it again?

As far as I can tell, it never made it to the mail transport agent on
bugs.debian.org at all; at least, it didn't get saved by the catch-all
rule in our .procmailrc, assuming that it would have arrived with
something case-insensitively matching "sean finney" somewhere in it. It
looks like it was simply lost in the post, so yes, try sending it again.

If it's a large attachment, you might be best putting it on an external
web site and just sending the URL. Regardless of whether it's possible,
sending large attachments inevitably slows things down when you try to
view the bug log.

Cheers,