Re: Is Sid for broken stuff? Is it too much to ask for testing the packages?

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 10:18:54AM +0100, Bart Schuller wrote:

> Repeating the mantra "unstable is not for general use" does not make it
> true. I think the people who love Debian the most are probably not
> patiently waiting more than a year for the next stable to appear.

And using code that has not been presented as fit for production use, and
then getting *mad* about it, doesn't make it more suitable for production
use.  If you use unstable in production, and you do so because you
*accept* the risk associated with unstable's instability, cheers --
though you are either braver or more foolish than I. :)  It's when users
have unreasonable expectations of how unstable will behave that the
problems arise.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer