Re: Is Sid for broken stuff? Is it too much to ask for testing the packages?

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 10:08:00AM -0500, Decklin Foster scribbled:
> Marek Habersack writes:
>
> > I propose that if a maintainer lacks time to properly maintain a
> > package then he should either find somebody to help her/him in
> > maintaining the package (for example find people who would be willing
> > to test the packages before s/he uploads them) or to abandon the
> > package and pass it to somebody with more time in their hands.
>
> That's nice, but it isn't going to magically cause any package to become
> more well-maintained. You either have to find the time do it yourself,
> or convince someone else do the same. Anything else is just a bunch of
> hot air.
Sure, but one isn't capable of finding out who is in need of help. I don't
need help with my packages but I also have no time to adapt other big
packages. If people have the habit of asking for help, then there will be
cases when people will be glad/willing to help.

marek