PostgreSQL packaging - help is needed

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 14:31, John Goerzen wrote:
> And, as a disclaimer, I personally have been bitten by these postgres
> upgrade bugs.  Guess what -- I file bug reports and help Oliver find the
> problem rather than childishly whining about it in debian-devel.  While I'm
> at it, I say to myself "I'm glad I'm not maintaining this" :-)

Thanks for your support, John.  Maintaining this package is a big
challenge at times, but it is very satisfying when I finally get it
right.  The RPM packager has had to give up altogether on automatic
upgrading.

This particular transition (7.2.3 to 7.3) has been a major effort and
I'm sorry that a lot of people have been hit by bugs in it.  I hope
we're just about done with them now, with 7.3rel-7.

Let me again invite people who want to assist with testing and
developing postgresql's packaging to subscribe to
debian-postgresql@atnet.at and announce yourselves (subscribe at