Re: Is Sid for broken stuff? Is it too much to ask for testing the packages?

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:10:05AM -0500, Matt Zimmerman scribbled:
[snip]
> By the way, your suggestion:
>
> > if you remove a file which you aren't sure whether
> > it exists or not, it is nice to do
> >
> > rm -f /path/to/file || true
> >
> > instead of
> >
> > rm -f /path/to/file"
>
> is silly; the entire purpose of the '-f' option to rm is to ignore errors.
By the way: the reason I wrote the above in such a form is simple - it was
it is my habit to use -f in cases where I'm not sure whether the file
exists. And this is the kind of habit I'd like all the maintainers to
develop.

silly,

marek