Re: Is Sid for broken stuff? Is it too much to ask for testing the packages?

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:18:19PM -0600, Steve Langasek scribbled:
[snip]
> > Actually I think there are not much packages which where "forced" away (at
> > least I know none which was decided by RM or DPL), so this is a good sign
> > and perhapos an Indication that we do not need a more formal way to punish
> > DDs.
>
> I agree that punishing DDs is *not* the answer.  Instead, we should do
> more to encourage collaborative maintenance of difficult or important
> packages.  We have the infrastructure in place now (PTS, Uploaders:
> field), we just need more maintainers to come around to working together
> this way.
Yes, this would be very good if we could educate people to cooperate more.
That's the direction I hoped the discussion to go in. Thanks, Steve.

regards,
marek