Re: started to make changelogs and copyright file online available

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 05:57:55PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> If there were a reliable and complete source of changelog data
> programmatically available over the network, and a means by which
> apt-listchanges could be launched by apt before any packages are downloaded,
> it would be easy to modify apt-listchanges to use this data.

This would be really good.

Often I want to know "Should I install the unstable version or
will the stable version be sufficient?"

Currently there is no way to tell, you can't see the Changelog
until after you have downloaded it.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>