Re: project: vitual partial mirror with CGI/dpkg-repack

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 05:30:13PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:

I will not do it myself since I know nothing about CGI programming,

CGI programming is easy to learn ;-)

CGI scripts or programs get whatever the client sends on his URL,
starting after the '?' as a parameter, receive on their stdin whatever a
client sends using an HTTP PUT statement, and send the HTML and, if
necessary, extra HTTP headers to their stdout. That's it.

The rebuilt package is likely to have the wrong md5sum. I believe
apt will reject it after download.

--
Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu