Re: private debian pools

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> Why noone have ever packaged the actual debian set of scritps for
> handling archives instead?

Probably because it's too complicated to be of use unless you're
managing something on the scale of the debian archive. It's much easier
to install mini-dinstall and make a directory for your repository than
it would be to install the real dinstall and set up all the database
stuff and other stuff it needs.

> private repositories laying here and there (http://www.apt-get.org as
> mentioned in one of the last DWN), and i know for sure that Brian is not
> the only that will benefit from such scripts. I also had to write my own
> to  handle my archive since i was not really satisfied with the others.

Hmm, I wasn't exactly satisfied with mini-dinstall when I started to use
it, but it seemed like a much better trade-off to contribute feedback
and bug reports than dilute effort with yet another tool to do the same
thing. And now I *am* happy with it, except for a couple of bugs.

> To who should the request be addressed? ftp masters? I offer volunteer to
> pkg them in case, but since Im still not a d-d i can't access them
> frequently to follow their evolution in time.

Eh? Like everyone else on the internet, you have read access to
cvs.debian.org for dinstall's source.

--
see shy jo