Re: account on IA-64 sought.

* martin f krafft (madduck@debian.org) wrote:
> the author of gjay is troubled by
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=gjay&ver=0.2.2-1&arch=ia64&file=log
>
> and is looking for ways to troubleshoot this. short of letting him
> access a debian developer machine running on IA-64 through my account -
> which would be a violation - is there someone out there willing to let
> him an account for compilation and debugging for a few days until this
> is fixed? the machine should have xlibs et al. installed (though an
> X server is not necessary. just ssh X-forwarding should work), and if
> it's near california/san francisco, that would be even better.

I'm in exactly the same situation with regard to Erik de Castro Lopo and
libsndfile:

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=libsndfile&ver=1.0.0-1&arch=ia64&stamp=1032203547&file=log&as=raw

So if someone is likewise willing to give him an ia64 account I would
much appreciate it.

Side note: the ia64 autobuilders didn't even try to build the latest
version of this package.  Why?  There is a "doesn't build on ia64" bug
filed on the package, do the buildd's notice this?

Josh

--
Josh Haberman
Debian GNU/Linux developer