Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:50:32 +1100, Andrew Lau writes:
>The question I want to pose today is "Are we losing users to
>Gentoo?"

And, so what?

>becoming more and more disturbed since I'm noticing more and more
>'random' outbursts on message boards about how 'cool' Gentoo
>is.

What is "becoming disturbed" good for wrt. Debian and its quality
and future?

>Whatever happened to all the Debian evangelists?

I frankly don't care. Debian works fine, so people learn about it and
eventually use it.

>I certainly don't ever want to see Debian even come close to sinking.

Then support Debian. Which means good bugreports, useful ideas,
maintaining packages etc. pp.
Worrying about losing status (what ever that may be) to other distributions
is not beneficial.

Which is why I'm now going back to fixing things.

az

--
+ Alexander Zangerl + az@snafu.priv.at + DSA 42BD645D + (RSA 5B586291)
Everyone gives lip service to that 7 layer model but that fact is that the