Re: The New Security Build Infrastructure

On 06/19/2002 10:13:05 AM Stephen Frost wrote:

>> Debian can either have a package ready (thanks to advance notice), or
>> not.  I don't understand how you fail to comprehend that.

I think everyone understands concept of the policy of security thru
obscurity.

The point is some people want to play along with an unethical system, or
make the best of a bad situation, depending on how you interpret it,
whereas others don't want to be involved with something unethical like
security thru obscurity.

Personally, I would never lie to someone, and tell them I know of no
security holes, when I actually have a list of them.  That would be
grotesquely irresponsible.