Re: This is how packaging should be done.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 08:22:41AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 04:41:32AM -0700, Jeremiah Mahler wrote:
> > I am curios to hear what Debian users and packagers think.
>
> I think that I don't see anything exciting. Perhaps if you were more
> specific about what you like?

What about the idea that anyone (not just maintainers) can submit
packages and they will available immediately to others without
having to go through an intermediate person.

In contrast, Debian allows only specific people to add new packages
and only the maintainer can fix their packages. This requires work
by specific people which makes development slow.

> --
> Mike Stone
>

> --

Jeremiah Mahler