Re: The New Security Build Infrastructure

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 11:34:59PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
>
> > The major difference is that security updates frequently shouldn't be
> > made public as soon as they're ready;
>
> By the way, handling security updates this way conflicts more and more
> with the Social Contract in its current form.

Didn't we already *have* this flamewar recently?

This is the way it is with security, it is that way for some very good
reasons.  We either accept it, or we don't *get* the advance notice and
chance to release security updates.  That *would* conflict with our social
contract as it would most definitely *not* be looking after the best
interests of our users.

Stephen