Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 04:33:39PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:
> - split the archive (should allow partial releases etc.)

Uhm ... does this points include also split packages dbs?
Currently dselect use 21 Mb of memory to load the dbs ... this is a bit
painful for machines with a little memory. Moreover we can't expect our
system to scale forever with the current approach ...

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro